Monday, October 19, 2015

Parent Fail of the Century

I don't know what made me think of this story, but I thought it'd be fun[ny] to share... no judging allowed.

Shortly after my youngest turned 1, the kids and I were getting ready to leave the house.  I'm a stay-at-home-mom, and hubs was at work.  We typically spent our mornings at the YMCA, where the kids played in Child Watch and I worked out.

The kids were dressed and ready, so I took my turn and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get dressed.  When I went to check on them, I discovered that my youngest had gotten into the empty baby food jars I had stored on our baker's rack in the kitchen.  To my dismay, I discovered that one of the glass jars had broken and landed right where she was sitting.  So, with my toothbrush in my mouth, I picked her up and brought her into the living room with her brother and sister.  I checked to make sure she hadn't gotten cut or hurt (she hadn't), and finished my morning routine in my bedroom (we lived in a 1-story home, so I was just a few feet from each room).

When I came back into the living to corral the stinkers into their shoes, my littlest stinker had something in her mouth.  And she was chewing voraciously.  Any guesses as to what it was?  Hmmm?

It was glass.  My one-year-old daughter was chewing on glass.  Yep.  You read it here, folks.  My daughter was chewing on glass while she was unattended by me.

She's three now, so I'm guessing any residual effects would have reared their ugly heads by now.

*PHEW*
No glass in there this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment